It started on the 9am ferry, Nathaniel and Little R. running all over the boat while I sat and stitched block after block (and yes, while drinking St*rbucks coffee out of a disposable cup). I packed enough finished stock to make it through the first day of the One Of A Kind Show. The rest came as 'shells' accompanied by a giant box of wool and my sewing tin - I knew that the evenings wouldn't be over when the Show closed for the night ...
BC Place Stadium is giant, giant enough that transport trucks full of carpet rolls were dwarfed and seemed Tonka toy like. Driving into the stadium through the airlock was a trip in itself - driving right into the middle of this scene was other worldly and very cool. We parked the van, grabbed a dolly and I started unloading, and was soon joined by Jen and Iesza. The loading and set up went so smoothly, I can't even tell you.
Children under 15 weren't allowed in the set up area - Little R. wasn't the only little person camped out in her car seat, patiently waiting. Fortunately Nathaniel and Little R. had only wait until the van was unloaded before cruising off to a play date with friends.
Muscles Jen, they call her, having just hauled my carpet (I think) to my booth. See the big round mirror just to the left of Jen? That's Industrial Artifacts - they were my neighbour, and had super awesome work. There were 8 of us who made up the Green District.
Iesza and Jen hard at work assembling lighting and signage. Those of you friends with Jen on f*cebook will appreciate this composition.
This picture is mostly for my dad, though it's pretty fun, eh - bright lights and towering exibhitors sign. Dad wondered what I ended up with for a lighting solution ... it turned out great!
B-22, all set up and ready for action.
Tomorrow I hope to post images from the next days at the One Of A Kind Show - stay tuned! And in the meantime, check out this gem of internet community making. Stumbling across it while searching 'hemp knitted draw string bag' totally made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment