I'm not really a knitter or crocheter, but I would LOVE to be. I have so many little projects started with the wrong sized needles for the (often expensive) yarn I feel in love with, attempts at moss stitch and skipped stitches and added stitches - and once I even tried a cable stitch. My garter stitch is awesome, if I do say so myself, but just so darn boring.
I got an email notification that some members on Ravelry mentioned my Teething Bonbon in a forum, so I popped over to the site to see their comments and I created an account - I was just so impressed with the site itself, the comments on the forums I checked out, and of course that it gets a nod from both Amanda Blake-Soulemama and one of my staff gals, knitter extraordinaire, Ms Lissa.
I'm hoping Ravelry will help me embrace the learning of knitting more, and inspire me to finish 1. the prayer shawl I started for Ruby when she was in the hospital for surgery 3 years ago, and 2. the baby cocoon that I have just started for the yet-to-be-borned babe. Lissa would be a great inspiration too, but she's off to the sunny Okanagan for the summer. We'll miss you Lissa!
04 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment