04 June 2009

An Epic Tale Told


Arriving, setting up

I've had lots and lots of people ask me how EP!C went - remember that huge sustainability trade show, way back, and the new Vancouver Convention Centre? I kid. It wasn't that long ago, but golly - the month of May has flown by.


Contemplating placement, part way through set up

EP!C was, in a word, an ... experience. For me, at my still-small-starting level, it was full of challenges -


Workin' the floor, my incredibly amazing Nathaniel

- yet, through it all I had a good time and learned a lot. I handed out hundreds and hundreds of my new product cards and I met a warm community of amazing moms (and dads) working at their own meaningful, green companies. The EP!C staff were supportive and available, and I met a number of really exciting shop owners and established a couple of new retail locations! The personal highlight for me was hearing one of the most inspiring women I know, speak - Stacey Malkin. (Seriously, check her out - and women, please start make changes now, for you and your children!)

Two New Dress Me Up Retailers!
Green Room Interiors, Courtenay BC
The Eco-Store Clean Calgary, Calgary AB

And a Few Mums (& Pops) Greenin' the World!
Green Party Planet, Vancouver BC
Dr. Heather Manely, Kamuela Hawaii
Agoo!, Vancouver BC
The Little Humbugs, Kelowna BC
Hank & Cheef, Vancouver BC

I'd also like to offer a big thanks to AnneMarie at YoYoMama, Vancouver BC - YoYoMama sponsored the Eco-Moms area. They were amazing, and us mamas were gifted with a swag bag on Mother's Day! Dress Me Up hearts YoYoMama.

1 comment:

Vancouver Kid said...

Thanks for the link to Green Planet Parties in your blog post. I think of your amazing, wonderful products often. Your are truly talented and I wish you lots of luck! Talk soon,

Suzanne
co-founder Green Planet Parties
www.greenplanetparties.com