12 January 2010

Oh, hello!

It’s hard to get blogging again. I got a kick-start by catching up on my favourite blogs. I find such inspiration in these places, I thought you might as well.

I love dropping into Bamboletta. Christina writes the most real and warm posts, and I love to see how well she is doing, and read all the comments from her many, many fans. I live a little vicariously through Christina too, how I’d love to have the knowledge and patience to make such beautiful companions! Thankfully, Christina has it mastered and I can just drool and order from her.

SouleMama keeps me grounded. Every time I visit Amanda’s blog, I find myself challenged and inspired and encouraged. Challenged to be just that much more for my daughter, inspired by Amanda’s own craft and community of readers, and encouraged to keep on creating and connecting. Amanda is back at it, and so am I!

Yukari is a new friend, one of my best customers and endless source of support and cheering. I love her resolutions this year, and am calling them my own too. I spend so much time at home, alone, working that I forget about the community of light-minded crafters and designers in my own community. Must. Leave. Studio. More. Often.

Then there's Dooce. Heather kicks my butt every time I read her blog. I laugh, I weep, I blush – at times I'm even shocked or think woah – I am SO different from this woman. But I love her. I love Heather Armstrong. She is fearless and honest. This December I was thrilled, absolutely THRILLED to have my darling little Rabbit Rattles featured in Dooce's Holiday Gifts for Infants guide. THRILLED!

Tonight I go to my first pre-natal yoga class at this beautiful studio very close to my neighbourhood. I’m excited to be stretching and moving, connecting more with the little being growing in my belly. Baby number two is due in June, only 5 months away now. WOAH.

I was introduced to Rhythm of the Home by SouleMama, and am ever so thankful to have found it, and for the women who are creating this online publication. It is amazing. My resolution for this wintery new year season is to knit this beautiful newborn cocoon. I’ve never really knit before – really knitted, like, follow a pattern and properly choose yarns and needles and understand what I’m doing. Like yoga, I imagine this to be a spiritual practice of anticipation and patience – with myself, for this new year full of new beginnings. Wish me luck!

Happy new year to all you beautiful readers, thanks for visiting me here.
Tressa

PS. What’s looking forward without a little looking back (or is this just crazy, long range planning!)? I enjoy Little Pinwheel immensely, and was smitten by their Craft Christmas Wreath. We are SO making this next year.

No comments: