Rich in colour and pattern, with a weight that one can really work with, I knew immediately that these prints were destined for sun bonnet greatness.
Two weeks ago I made a bonnet prototype that Little R. has been (shockingly) happily sporting. The bonnet has fetched many compliments around town, and inquiries as to where to purchase, so I've decided to make a few up for the Moss Street Market this Saturday. You'll see this blue 'Francesca' there - if someone else doesn't scoop it up first.
Sized Toddler/Child
Under-the-Chin Ties
Reversible
Machine W/D, though I'm a keen advocate for kickin' it old school on the laundry line.
*
Alvarado: I schmoogled it and found this artist. It seemed just a tad too random to link up above, but I couldn't not let you know about my find. His bovine depictions and artist statement spoke to me, and somehow, strangely - the statement, not the cow - connected me to a childhood memory of light filtering through my grandmother's bedroom curtains at nap time. Curtains that could have been sourced at N.H. Fallis ... I'll have to ask her.
7 comments:
i would love for my girl to be sporting the bonnet! did you sell them all? they are so cute... i may have to commission one. let me know.
i do, $20. i actually kept them on the downlow at the market today because another vendor had her bonnets out and she's been there longer than me. ;) i have two ready that remind me of v. - this blue one and a sweet pink floral one made from the top fabric in the first photo ...
This bonnet is beautiful. I am tempted to ask you to make one for my adult head.
Congratulations on another fabulous design.
~C
I have just discovered your gorgeous items on etsy - really lovely. Fingers crossed I will be back more some of them in the next few months...
Um that should have read '...I will be back for some of them..' Where has my brain gone... If anyone finds it, pls send it back.
thanks christine, thanks rach!
yes i would love one. anything not pink:-) i've been so busy that i think the guys have seen each other twice since i posted and could have connected over a bonnet, but anyway. i would love to buy one and see you and r! we are away until july 4th. let me know when would be good after that. i so should've sent an email... point being - save me a bonnet!
Post a Comment