31 August 2008

I Got My Studio Legs Now

There has been much activity in this here neck of the woods the past week or so. There's been a studio move, the hiring of new sewers (hallelujah!), a good friend returning home, finalizing the wholesale catalogue, working on the website ... and trying to secure childcare for Little R. I've got a call into a couple of pre-schools and my fingers are crossed for available space. Is there a patron saint of pre-schools?



Anyhoo, it's a quick post tonight to highlight a crafty studio tip that was passed onto me by the great and wise Johnson-Brotsky duo that are my parents: save my back by using equal lengths of PCV pipe to jack up my banquet-come-cutting-tables to a decent height. It's simple, quick and effective. I cut my 'stilts' 10 inches long, jammed the banquet table legs into one end of the pipe (with the occassional assistance of a hammer) and, voila!, my table is now the perfect height for drafting and cutting. Happy, happy back.

No comments: