24 July 2008

20 minutes late, now 30

I have a lot of stock kicking around - I'm surrounded by soft toys and fancy pants and organic blankets and Teething Bonbons ... many Teething Bonbons ... I used to cart everything that I had on hand to offer up at my weekly Moss Street Market booth. In the last couple of weeks I've been refining my market display. I want to give the natural coloured, organic pieces more room to breath and shine and fetch admiring glances and invite gentle stroking. (Seriously, this is how I think my organic products, if they could, would name their experience of public display.) And I think they felt that their individual style was being cramped. So, like I said, I've been working with the idea that less-is-more and it has been delivering beautifully.



With the same consideration to enabling my Vintage products to shine, baby, shine I've decided to do like my good friend Christina, and actually tell my Etsy customers when they may enjoy new product listings. Christina has a Friday schedule, and in my case, I've decided to make it a week of new product listing. This morning I boldly altered my shop announcement to state "BIG shop updates coming your way! ... Keep coming by between July 24 - 31st to see what's new! For one week, starting tonight, new product will be uploaded every evening at 10pm."

Except that tonight, I was late.


Tonight we reunited with far-away-friends-now-home-for-summer and feasted together at our neighbourhood beach.

No comments: