03 July 2008

Garden Party

I've updated a few things - lovely, new items are posted to my Etsy store, and changes have been made to my Press, Locations and Coming Events section. Sadly, I won't be at the Mommies on Main event. I hope I don't disappoint too, too much by bowing out - Mommies on Main is going to be such a great event. My absence is for a fantastic reason though! We are hosting our 2nd Annual Garden Party aka Fund Raiser that weekend (and it could be only that weekend, of course), and this year's organization of choice is theWATERproject.ca!


Here's one of the beautiful scenes in our Garden.

Last year we raised over $800 with a friend who was raising money for Team Diabetes, and this year we're excited to get everyone else excited about theWATERproject. My husband, Nathaniel, and his partner-in-clean-water-security, Wade, have been working for 4 years visioning, consulting, planning and fund raising. To date they have raised over $20,000 and have successfully enabled the Ghanaian community of Adexor to build Phase 1 of their rainwater catchment systems. TheWATERproject is now raising funds for Phase 2 - you can read all about it on their website and blog.

I wonder how much money we'll raise? Wagers, anyone?

No comments: