17 July 2008

The Stomp Club

Last Sunday we held our 2nd Annual Garden Party Fundraiser, as you know, and were sooo thankful to everyone who helped us to raise over $760 for theWATERproject.ca! One of the most delightful aspects of our party was the gift of live music - old friend Devon McCagherty of The Stomp Club cradled banjo and guitar while Tom Ackerman root-tooted on clarinet. Some kind of Gypsy-Jazz-Klezmer with a little-Raffi-for-Good-Measure magic filled our back yard as the two djangoed the afternoon away and we drank G&Ts, ate Bubby Roses pizza and wrestled one another at the Silent Auction table.


Now, hear this! Devon & The Stomp Club has put out a CD of swingin' hot tunes from the 20s, 30s, and 40s and delivered them with style, grace and good fun. Listening at home is like experiencing the tunes live while eating a dish of 'My Secret Garden' and drinking Side Cars at Pagliacci's. I'll more likely be improvising swing moves for Little R in our living room like I'm the Queen of Swing (which, I assure you, I am not) ... Little R loves this CD. You can pick up your copy in Victoria at Lyle's Place, Solstice Cafe, and the Spiral Cafe, or online all over the world at CDbaby.com.

Devon, I can't thank you enough! Shalom.




Quantcast

No comments: