27 July 2008

Shhh ... they're sleeping ...

It's late. Again. As usual. And, as usual, I am the last one in our little house still awake. When I'm not completely aching to sleep, I really love this quiet, late-night time. At my desk I'm warmed by a fantastic lamp hanging above me with the softest glow. It's from the 60s or 70s and looks like something that Ik*a is reproducing, except mine is mushroom brown and apricot peach instead of clean, crisp white. That's why it glows to well. And it's left over from one of Naramata Centre's renovations and, lit up, brings back fond memories of youth conferences and late nights with old friends - that's why it is so warming. Mmmm ... I guess I'm loving the quiet late-night time tonight, reminiscing on old lamps ...



This image is from last night, a paper lantern house that someone constructed and set a-glow with little lights for the Victoria Luminara Festival. (I wonder, is this what our house looks like, late at night when one end is dark with sleep and the other lit and typing, typing, typing?) It was a really, really late night for our Little R. but she perservered - snuggled up in the carrier on my back, taking it all in. And singing. She sang-song a lot last night. She's 22 months this week and I wish I knew where she finds her songs.

After a magical evening in the lantern-lit park we made our way home and it wasn't until we were almost all in bed that I remembered ... ETSY UPDATES ! Yipes. I totally forgot. So I tried to make it up to my many Etsy fans tonight with 3 amazing pairs of boys Jammers posted early this time. Check 'em out.

No comments: