11 May 2008

Hip Young Parent

Happy Mother's Day dear mama friends!

I hope you all, known and unknown, had a wonderful day - I sure did! It started with Little R. sleeping the whole night long (and it was my turn to tend to her, what a gal!), a family morning walk to our favourite coffee shop, followed by cheering on GiGi as she skated circles around the Riot Girls at today's Victoria Rollergirls Mother's Day scrimmage. We took an afternoon drive into the outskirts of town and fell in LOVE with a darling lakeside cottage that we can't afford but spent an hour or so walking around and through the place, calling out 'echo, echo' in the empty sun-drenched willow-kissed house and talking with the neighbours about what a great spot it was. We finished the day off with Auntie M and UBee enjoying a delicious husband-made homemade dinner. Little R's now in bed and I'm about to follow her there - tomorrow's a busy day of sewing! I just wanted to give a little shout out to all the mums, and to all the hip young parents too.

No comments: