02 May 2008

Sneak Peek



Well, I was right - I can't resist sharing a couple of pics of the Rabbit Rattles that I finished up yesterday. These gals are absolutely darling - just over 7 inches high and made from the softest certified organic flannel cotton and checkerboard weave. Nestled inside their bodies is a wee rattle - an ingenious device, if I do say so myself, that I created to allow the wooden beads to move freely around (so that the Rabbits actually rattle) without leaving any of the rattle exposed. It's got a beautiful, gentle - and non-irritating! - sound, and is wonderfully safe.



Though their overall design and construction has been settled upon (and is completely mine*), I just have some fine tuning to do so they aren't ready for purchase - yet. The gals will be at the Market tomorrow for you to hold and rattle and give me feedback on.

See you then!

*So please, crafty design thieves, stay back!

2 comments:

Simone said...

i'm in bunny love!!!!!

Anonymous said...

folks at the market have been lovin' the bunnies. they look soooo good paired with the receiving blanket/burp set. can't wait to see one in miss n.'s hot little hands.